APRIL 2019 - Noir
The Pacific Art League is pleased to announce our monthly juried show in April, “Noir”, dedicated to the power of black and white photographic images. This show is our second annual photography show, which reflects the greater emphasis PAL is placing on the photographic arts, through increased classes and workshops, taught by masters of the craft.
“Noir”, a show of exclusively black and white images celebrates the purest and original form of the medium. With the ubiquity of images taken on smart phones, we also want to celebrate those thoughtful, well-crafted images that reject the “snap” approach to photography and show the full range and power of the lens. We encourage you to submit your most arresting black and white image, from medium format, DSLR, film, or iPhone, sharing with us your vision of the world, through the shutter.
April 5 – 25, 2019
Open to PAL members and non-members.
- Members: $40 for 1st entry, and $10 for each additional entry
- Non-Members: $50 for 1st entry, and $10 for each additional entry
Friday, March 15, 2019
SELECTION NOTIFICATION DATE
Tuesday, March 19, 2019 by email
First Friday, April 5th, 2019 from 5:30pm-8:00pm
Winners announced at reception.
- 1st: $150
- 2nd: $75
- 3rd: $50
- Three honorable mentions
Accepted works must be hand delivered to PAL on Friday, March 29th (10am-4pm) or Saturday, March 30th (10am-2pm).
ART PICK UP
Exhibited works must be picked up at PAL at the end of the exhibit on Friday, April 26th (10am-4pm) or Saturday, April 27th (10am-2pm) ONLY
60% for Members / 50% for Non-Members
Daniel Garcia, is a San Jose photographer and cultivator of Content Magazine (published by SV creates)
· All work much be original and not previously exhibited at PAL
· All 2D work must be ready to hang on a wire
· All 2D work must be framed or on gallery -wrapped canvas with finished edges
· Size of work is limited to 40” wide by 50” tall, including frame (contact below for inquiry)
· All work must be labeled on the front with title and artist’s name